Embracing the mindset of our host city, we’ve casted a new perspective on how we’re producing NAB Show New York. We’re looking at every aspect of the show, big and small, for ways to reduce our environmental footprint. See what we have planned and how our partners are getting in on the action.
Interested in saving money and going green? Start by letting your Freeman representative (and other suppliers) know that sustainability is important to you so they can help you make environmentally-friendly choices.
Sustainability Best Practices
- Change up your booth – use a multi-use booth, rent locally, design your booth with small shipping foorprint or using forest sustainable certified wood.
- Choose carpet wisely – or choose not at all! You are no longer required to carpet your booth at NAB Show NY. If you do though, use darker-colored carpet, which is easier to reuse and recycle.
- Shipping – choose reusable and recyclable shipping materials and try to reduce your shipping footprint.
- Think before you print – whether it’s graphics or handouts, try using reusable materials – or better yet, none at all!
- Save energy – power down your electronics every night and use energy-efficient lighting. Make sure to train your team on best practices.
- Leftover materials – donate, donate, donate! There are plenty of local charitable locations that will help you reuse your materials, including JavitsCares.
- During move-in and out, clearly label recyclable materials for disposal, break down cardboard if possible, and do not fill cardboard boxes with trash.
Participate in JavitsCares, Javits Center’s new donation program.
We encourage exhibitors to prioritize reusing materials before opting to donate. But anything left behind during move-out* that is eligible and in good condition (i.e. furniture, electronics, construction materials, etc.), the JavitsCares team will set aside for local community partners. No action required on your part.
*Please note, exhibitors are still expected to remove any bulk trash and recycling from their booth space during move-out/cleanup. As a reminder, we ask that you break down cardboard before recycling and do not fill cardboard boxes with trash.
Join the IBC-to-NAB Show New York shipping caravan, if you are exhibiting at IBC.
For more information, email Freeman Transportation email@example.com or call their exhibit transportation experts at +1.817.607.5183.
We’ve eliminated 12,000 linear feet of aisle carpet, which will reduce 5.2 tons of carbon emissions from trucking and keep 2.5 miles of tape out of the landfill. Added benefit - it will also speed up move-out, because we won’t have to wait for aisle carpet rollup to start delivering empties – yay!*
- Electrical cables – Electrical cables are run from the floor and will be covered with tape. Please review your electrical layout plan to determine if no-carpet is the way to go. Please work with your Freeman contact or EAC to make this as minimal as possible to avoid potential accidents.
- Chalk markings – Freeman uses chalk to mark the show floor. Your team will need to clean the chalk in and around your booth the night before the Show opens.
*Please note there are many variables that impact the empty return process, including number of empties, weight/type of containers, etc.