Experience Matters. And so do our Speakers! Thank you for your willingness to share your time, knowledge, and resources with the NAB Show New York community.
When and how are Speakers selected?
There are over 50 sessions taking place at NAB Show New York, within several targeted Programs, Workshops and the Post|Production Conference. Each Program is different, but typically Speakers are selected by the NAB Show New York Program Advisory Group and industry surveys. The NAB Show New York Program is primarily finalized by the end of July, with most speakers selected by that time.
The deadline for submitting proposals was Friday, July 7, 2017.
What are the technical specifications for my Session?
Room and theater specifications vary depending on the location. You will be able to review the audio-visual and stage specifications for your Session upon being notified of acceptance and after you have logged into the Speaker Ready Room.
Can we submit speakers/instructors for Post|Production Conference?
We don’t solicit submissions for the Post|Production Conference training event.
What topics will be considered?
Our NAB Show New York Program Advisory Group will evaluate proposals focused on the following industry verticals and topics:
- Engineering and IT (with a focus on broadcast and other media distributors)
- Finance (investing in technologies)
- Production (Live Events, Spotlighting NY)
- Trending Technology
* Please note that product or company pitches will be disqualified.
What additional formats will be considered?
While we will program panel presentations, we are also looking for fireside chats, facilitated roundtable sessions and short lightning round presentations. Our goal is to create sessions that educate, inform and provoke creative thinking while capturing the energy and excitement of New York’s media and technology industries. Format length: panels and fireside chats will be limited to 30 minutes; roundtable sessions will be limited to 45 minutes and lightning round presentations will be limited to 7 to 10 minutes. Please note – rejected submissions for longer formats may still be considered if repositioned as a lightning round presentation.
How will my proposal be evaluated?
Our NAB Show New York Program Advisory Group will evaluate proposals based on the following criteria:
- Alignment with key topics (above)
- Alignment with key formats (above)
- How innovative is the topic?
- How fresh and innovative is the intended delivery of the topic?
- To what degree does the proposal reflect the Focus Forward theme?
- What is the impact of the technology, trend or business model proposed for the session? What is the scale and scope of the impact?
- How deeply will the topic resonate with the show’s attendee base?
- How much experience does the proposed speaker have with the technology, trend or topic? What is his or her background?
- If the proposed session is in a panel format, how great is the diversity of backgrounds and perspectives represented?
- Have the proposed speakers confirmed their interest and availability?
- (If you are representing speakers, it is imperative that you confirm their availability BEFORE submitting)
When will I be notified if my speaker submission has been chosen?
All submitters will be notified no later than Friday, July 14, 2017.