Experience Matters. And so do our Speakers! Thank you for your willingness to share your time, knowledge, and resources with the NAB Show New York community.
When and how are Speakers selected?
There are more than 50 sessions taking place at NAB Show New York, within several targeted programs, workshops and the Post|Production Conference. Each program is different, but typically Speakers are selected by the NAB Show New York Program Advisory Group and industry surveys. The NAB Show New York Program and speaker selection is primarily finalized by the end of July.
The deadline for submitting a speaker is Thursday, June 7, 2018.
What are the technical specifications for my Session?
Room and theater specifications vary depending on the location. You will be able to review the audio-visual and stage specifications for your session upon being notified of acceptance and after you have logged into the Speaker Ready Room.
Can we submit speakers/instructors for Post|Production Conference?
We don’t solicit submissions for the Post|Production Conference training event.
What industry topics would you most like to receive from Speakers?
Our NAB Show New York Program Advisory Group will evaluate proposals focused on the following industry verticals and topics:
- Business (advertising, station management)
- Engineering and IT (with a focus on broadcast and other media distributors)
- Finance (investments in new technologies, M&A activity)
- Production (live events, AI, storytelling spotlighting NY projects)
- Technology (cloud, satellite, distribution, trending)
What are the session formats?
While we will program panel presentations, we are also looking for fireside chats, facilitated roundtable, and demo sessions. Our goal is to create sessions that educate, inform and provoke creative thinking while capturing the energy and excitement of New York’s media and technology industries. Format length: Main Stage sessions will be limited to 45 minutes; panels, demo, and fireside chats will be limited to 30 minutes. The maximum number of speakers on a panel is five (including the moderator), and demo sessions is three.
How will my speaker proposal be evaluated?
Our NAB Show New York Program Advisory Group will evaluate proposals based on the following criteria:
- Alignment with key topics (as outlined above)
- How fresh and innovative is the intended delivery of the topic?
- How much experience does the proposed speaker have with the technology, trend or topic?
- What is his or her background?
- Have the proposed speakers confirmed their interest and availability?
- If you are representing speakers, it is imperative that you confirm their availability BEFORE submitting.
When will I be notified if my speaker submission has been chosen?
All submitters will be notified no later than Thursday, June 24, 2018.
Contact information for questions
Email questions to: ConventionEducation@nab.org