We are alerting you to some new information regarding the impact of the Clinton event on Tuesday night at Javits on our event. The Secret Service will be conducting their security sweep of the building on Monday night and this has changed our access to the building on both Monday and Tuesday.
We continue to encourage you to get as much work done by 8:00 p.m. on Monday to minimize delays in building your booth.
Here is the current move-in plan based on all the information we have currently received. Plans remain fluid however so we will communicate any changes that may arise as well as post them to our website when we receive them.
- Hand carry will now NOT be allowed through the front of Javits on both Monday and Tuesday. All exhibitors who want to hand carry in any items will need to use the 39th Street Yard. Entrance is located at 39th Street & 12th Avenue. A map is attached.
- Cabs as well as personal vehicles will be allowed to drop passengers at this entrance.
- You may enter Javits through the front doors if you do not have any hand carry freight.
- All vehicles being used for display purposes on the exhibit floor must be in place.
- Registration will be available at the hand carry entrance as well as the North Concourse.
- Concession on Level 1 are tentatively planned to be open but this is subject to change. No other concessions will be open.
- The building must be vacated by everyone by 8:00 p.m. when the Secret Service will start its security sweep of the building.
- No one will be allowed to enter the building at all from the front entrance of Javits. We will all need to enter through the Hand Carry entrance in the North Yard off 12th Avenue.
- Hand carry must continue through the North Yard.
- Everyone entering the building on Tuesday will be subject to a security screening and hand carry items, purses, backpacks, etc will be subject to search by the Secret Service.
- We will have to exit the building also through the North Yard on Tuesday.
- All carriers bring shipments direct to show site on Tuesday must be checked in no later than 1:00 p.m. in order to ensure they can be unloaded prior to the 4:30 p.m. shut down time. Any truck arriving after 1:00 p.m. will be turned away. All trucks will subject to search.
- The truck entrance is at 12th Avenue and 39th Street. Drivers will park on 12th Avenue where a Freeman supervisor will direct drivers to the check-in trailer.
- The building will be cleared by the Secret Service at 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday. No one will be allowed to stay after this time.
- Concessions on Level 1 are tentatively planned to be opened but this is subject to change. No other concessions will be open.
Business as usual!
Thank you again for your patience as we continue to bob and weave through this unexpected change to our plans!
If you have further questions, please give us a call at 877.622.3947 or 202.595.2051.